School’s out for summer, and we at St. Augustine Moms, are here to help you keep things fun over summer vacation with our Ultimate Summer Bucket List! St. Augustine and the Northeast Florida regions are full of awesome summer experiences, and we want to take full advantage. Here are the activities that make our summer bucket list!
Living on the coast, it’s easy enough to hit a different beach every week or even day. Try a new one! We love hunting shark teeth at Mickler’s and watching the tide pools at Anastasia State Park.
- St. Augustine Beach
- Vilano Beach
- Mickler’s Beach
- Big Talbot Island
- Crescent Beach
- Butler Beach
- Anastasia State Park
Whether it’s craft donuts at The Donut Experiment or gourmet popsicles from The Hyppo, there are endless ways to treat yourself to something yummy in town. Check out some of the best frozen goodies in town and keep an eye out for frozen treat trucks in neighborhoods and communities all over the county, as the summer days heat up.
St. Augustine is home to some wonderful parks. If you haven’t visited them all, now is the time to check some off your list! Check out all the great info in our comprehensive park guide!
Drive-In Movie Experience
Epic Theatres in St. Augustine offers a nightly drive-in movie experience, with a family feature at 8:00 pm. Purchase your tickets online, park, and enjoy your movie from the comfort of your vehicle. Limited concessions are also available.
Curl Up With A Good Book
Our incredible St Johns Public Library System has introduced an ONLINE Summer Reading Program. Through the library’s new READsquared website and free app, readers of all ages across the county can log minutes reading. Join them for a reading experience you won’t forget!
Summer means later bedtimes and bending the rules. Surprise the kids with popsicles for breakfast or a late-night glow-stick dance party. The memories will last a lifetime!
- Strike! Go bowling!
- Visit the roller rink
- Check out a skate park
- Go kayaking or stand up paddleboarding
- Climb the St. Augustine Lighthouse
- Take a drink from the Fountain of Youth
- Take a nature hike at a local or state park
- Check out the sea life at Marineland
- Participate in a beach cleanup or other service activity
- Cheer on the Jumbo Shrimp
- Get a hole in one at mini-golf (or buy a bucket at the driving range)
- Tour the St. Augustine Aquarium
- Go ziplining
- Take a day at the Alligator Farm
- Support a local Farmer’s Market
- Pitch a tent and camp (in your backyard or at a site – don’t forget the s’mores)
- Have a water balloon fight
- Eat popsicles for breakfast
- Make a Summer Bucket List photobook
- Host a family game night or a dance party
- Make popcorn for a family movie night
- Enjoy a glow stick bath
If you want to get away from it all, pack up the car and take a short road trip to any of these great locations. All of these are within a three-hour drive – you can add an overnight if you choose, but a day is all you need.
What are you most looking forward to this summer?
Download and print this FREE printable, make your plans, and check off what you’ve accomplished! Can you finish the whole list? Are you up for the challenge? Dive in and have fun! Not feeling our bucket list, print out the blank one, and fill in your own plans!
And, if you are looking for free things to do around town check out even more great ideas here!